We've got a new May Madness record: a 74 lb halibut caught by Greg Chan!
Smaller schools of halibut have started to show at the outer banks ranging from 10 to 25 lbs. Some of the larger hali have moved inside and are ranging from 45 to 75 lbs.
The feeder Chinook are starting to show up, better late than never. Salmon numbers are also starting to pick up but not quite as notably as the halibut.
A number of humpback whales have been sighted as of late, breaching, lunging, and chasing the krill. It's quite the sight to see.
Catches of the day
- 16lb halibut by Jake Sorensen of Vancouver, BC
- 12lb Chinook by Rene Uvanile of Naniamo, BC
- 27lb halibut by Jared Coatta of Mission, BC
- 12lb Chinook by John Skehans of Victoria, BC
- 23lb halibut by Russell Koshowski of Carstairs, AB
- 32.5lb halibut by Jesse Alvis of Tacoma, WA
- 14lb Chinook by Russell Koshowski of Carstairs, AB
- 54lb halibut by Mike Crumley of Courtenay, BC
- 15lb Chinook by Darla Fate of Qualicum Beach, BC
- 74lb halibut by Greg Chan of Victoria, BC
- 19lb Chinook by Mark Lightheart of Vancouver, BC
- 53lb halibut by Victor Hager of Oak Harbour, WA
- 25lb Chinook by Chris Prochak of Kirkland, WA
- 5lb Halibut by Del Bauer of Kamloops, BC
- 18lb Chinook by Peggy Aikmen of Nanoose, BC
Charters Manager, Canadian Princess Resort
Ucluelet, Vancouver Island