Ukee Days has come and gone. Ukee Days are the annual celebration in the Canadian Princess’ hometown, Ucluelet (you-CLUE-let). Ukee is the affectionate nickname for the town.
It all starts off with a salmon BBQ held on the village greens, complete with a live band (The Fish Net Stalkers). The weekend carries on with a logger-sports competition, vendors, parade, beer garden (woo-hoo!), several dances, and a music festival all day Sunday.
Good times were had by all. Between the celebration and the great halibut fishing, guests at the resort this last weekend went home having experienced the “unique” local culture.
Here are the “fish of the day” winners over the last few days:
- 32 lb Chinook by Neil Stafford of Everett, WA
- 26 lb Chinook by Mike Schmah of 100 Mile House, BC
- 45 lb halibut by John Kendall of Denver, CO
- 20 lb Chinook by Jay Fry of Everett, WA
- 29 lb Chinook by Bart Minogue of Snohomish, WA
- 27 lb halibut by Benny Tam of Vancouver, BC
- 36 lb Chinook by Greg Fitzgerald of Wenatchee, WA
- 31 lb halibut by Bruce Thirston of Issaquah, WA
Nice job, one and all.
Keep those lines wet, lures in the water, and fish in the cooler!
Marine Operations Manager
Canadian Princes Fishing Resort