The Canadian Princess lodge is looking for a dedicated individual who will play a critical role in ensuring a memorable experience for guests looking to enjoy the company of family and friends as their first in-person contact, providing a seamless check-in process and supervising other Guest Service Agents.
Full time seasonal (May 2019-October 2019)
Staff accommodation is available. The Canadian Princess Lodge has a newly renovated staff accommodation house. The house has 6 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, large backyard, ample parking and shared living room/kitchen space. The house is only 1 minute drive and 10 minute walk on Cynamocka St. Extremely affordable private and shared rooms available for full time employees.
Role and Responsibilities
- Ensure that guest has a positive experience by providing excellent service to build loyalty
- Overseeing the daily operations of Guest Services, managing arrivals, departures, group arrivals, along with balancing room inventory and achieving rate
- Coordinate FIT and Group bookings
- Recruiting, coaching and mentoring guest service team
- Committing to guest satisfaction through consistent follow up on all guest issues.
- Leading the achievement of department’s revenue goals through training, motivation, promotion and incentives in pursuit of our room nights and revenue
- Strong and effective communication with all other departments; partnering to ensure property-wide service standards for our guests
- Organize information: including web and printed materials (key packs, rate information, activities, menus, confirmation letters
- Organize marina booking rentals and contracts
- Office tidying and inventory control
- On site contact for Guest Services IT systems, responsible for ensuring all systems are operational
- Ensure smooth shift changes with proper pass-on to the next shift
- Maximize revenue by up-selling guest rooms and recommending lodge activities
- Complete knowledge of Roomkey property management system
- Complete organization and knowledge of contracts and policies for Online Travel Agents, Tour Operators
- Accountability of transaction errors; assist in liaising with Accounting department to ensure all errors are rectified
- Stay current on industry competitive trends and make recommendations for improvements or initiatives
- Graduate of hotel Management or Hospitality program a definite asset
- Minimum 2 years of guest service experience
- Dynamic, enthusiastic, innovative leader who thrives under pressure
- A talent for service recovery, consistent guest follow up and follow through
- Computer literacy is imperative including Microsoft office and Roomkey
- Flexible, must be willing to work a variety of hours, including days, nights as well as weekends and holidays based on the business needs
What’s on Offer
- Very competitive hourly wage
- End of season cash bonus
- Extremely affordable staff housing available, walking distance from the lodge
- Growth Opportunity, year round and management positions available
For all positions, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the high volume of applications we will only be contacting those who will be considered for interviews.