Canadian Princess Lodge is looking for a seasonal part time/full time landscaper and groundskeeper to keep the property looking welcoming and pleasant at all times. Required to tend to the property once a week after initial pre-season large landscaping overhaul in May.
Part time/full time seasonal (May 2019-October 2019)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Care for established lawns by mulching, aerating, weeding, grubbing and removing thatch, and trimming and edging around flower beds, walks, and walls.
- Mix and spray or spread fertilizers, herbicides, or insecticides onto grass, shrubs, and trees, using hand or automatic sprayers or spreaders.
- Mow and edge lawns, using power mowers and edgers.
- Plant seeds, bulbs, foliage, flowering plants, grass, ground covers, trees, and shrubs, and apply mulch for protection, using gardening tools.
- Water plants
- Decorate gardens with stones and plants.
- Follow planned landscaping designs to determine where to lay sod, sow grass, or plant flowers and foliage.
- Gather and remove litter.
- Prune and trim trees, shrubs, and hedges, using shears, pruners, or chain saws.
- Rake, mulch, and compost leaves.
- Trim and pick flowers, and clean flower beds.
- Water lawns, trees, and plants, using portable sprinkler systems, hoses, or watering cans.
- Provide proper upkeep of sidewalks, driveways, parking lots, fountains, planters, burial sites, and other grounds features.
- Clean property room walkways with dust blower and clean out spider webs
What’s on Offer
- Very competitive hourly wage
- End of season cash bonus
- Extremely affordable staff housing available, walking distance from the lodge
- Growth Opportunity, year round and management positions available
For all positions, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the high volume of applications we will only be contacting those who will be considered for interviews.