The Canadian Princess is a newly renovated 46 room lodge and 300ft marina in beautiful Ucluelet BC. We are looking for an Assistant General Manager (AGM) will play a critical role in achieving our company goals of being able to provide a top class experience for our guests.They will do this by representing our business in a positive manner when liaising with guests and partnered organizations, and by overseeing all operations on site. The AGM should be highly skilled in all departments within hotel management and are able to communicate effectively with directly the General Manager/Owners. We are looking for an experienced, mature, responsible individual to manage the lodge throughout the year during off, shoulder and high season. Peak seasons May-October, low season November-April. During the off season we would love for the AGM to live on site to ensure excellent and responsive service to customer requests, and provides a clean, well maintained and secure building.
Assistant GM will work directly with ownership and general manager who will work off-site during low season November-April and full-time on site during shoulder and peak season.
Permanent, Full time, Year Round, Overtime, Weekend/Day
Anticipated Start Date:
Role and Responsibilities
- Assist the hotel manager in in all aspects of business planning and in their day to day operations
- Prepare budgets and monitor revenues and expenses
- Participate in the development of pricing and promotional strategies
- Negotiate with suppliers for the provision of materials and supplies
- Front desk: Managing and training the concierge and team of Guest Service Agents. Ensure full compliance to Hotel operating controls, SOP’s, policies, procedures and service standards. Check-in/check-out guests, gain future business, responds to guest inquiries in keeping with the Company Mission to provide exceptional customer service. Report Audit and cash outs to management daily
- Maintenance: Manages all building maintenance requirements to the highest standards. Coordinates daily, weekly, monthly and seasonally maintenance projects. This includes cleaning all common areas, supervising contractors work performed, and conducting minor repairs as necessary. Regularly conducts building inspections and makes recommendations for preventative maintenance. Coordinating needs for major repairs.
- Laundry: Coordinate laundry, and take over folding laundry when needed.
- Manage staff: Builds strong working relationships and communications with hotel staff and other departments to ensure maximum operating effectiveness and fulfilment of special event need. Review employee performance and conducts personnel actions such as disciplinary actions and terminationsHire, interview, organize staff schedule, train, disciplinary actions and report hours to general manager
- Supervises the building, including common areas, to ensure security and safety of all guests, the employees and agents of Canadian Princess Lodge. Oversees the Building Emergency Response Plan and conducts monthly tests of emergency generators and fire alarm systems. Housekeeping: Prepares vacant suites for new guests by completing necessary repairs, upgrades and/or cleaning.
- Can bring ideas and passion to help expand and grow the business in community and industry related meetings, events and campaigns.
- A university degree or college diploma in hotel management or other related discipline with several years of experience in similar field required
- Must be able to live on-site in a one bedroom – no pet, no smoking in building
- Must have great understanding of the English language. This includes both written and verbal communication.
- Ability to work a varied schedule including evenings and weekends. Be physically able to carry out all necessary duties. Must be physically able to Lift, push, pull, carry up to 25-50 lbs
- Presentation and sales skills are necessary to market suites to prospective guests.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy, even as priorities change and urgencies intervene.
- Front desk/admin experience asset
- Experience working safely with cleaning and other chemicals used in building operations.
- Bookkeeping or other related administrative experience is an asset
- Ability to be flexible and self-motivated and to take initiative.
- Experience with painting & maintenance repairs is an asset
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment where mutual support is essential.
- Minimum of 2 years of related experience in Housekeeping, Maintenance or Building Management
- Candidate must be eligible to work in Canada. Preferred Ucluelet local who understands the area and wants to live here full time, long term.
Staff accommodation is available in either a 1 bedroom managers suite with full kitchen on site of the lodge grounds or in a newly renovated staff accommodation house. The house has 6 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, large backyard, ample parking and shared living room/kitchen space. The house is only 1 minute drive and 10 minute walk on Cynamocka St. Extremely affordable private and shared rooms available for full time employees. Additional living arrangement may be available.
What’s on Offer
Canadian Princess Lodge offers accommodation, competitive wages, vacation days and benefits. If you meet the requirements and are interested, please submit your resume and salary expectations. We thank all applicants who apply, but only those who are qualified may be contacted.
* For all positions, please send your resume and cover letter and Skype address to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the high volume of applications we will only be contacting those who will be considered for interviews.