The Canadian Princess lodge is looking for a dedicated individual who will play a critical role in ensuring a memorable experience for guests looking to enjoy the company of family and friends. They will be responsible for finishing property upgrades, providing immediate assistance with property breakdowns and creating a beautiful environment for our guests to relax.
Part time/full time year round, flexible
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs all assignments involving the Engineering aspects of a full-service hotel: Painting, wallpapering, carpentry, drywall, hardware replacement/repair, furniture assembly, minor plumbing, guest doors, electrical repairs, HVAC, TV/radio, kitchen equipment repair & maintenance
- Diagnose equipment failures and make recommendations on repair options
- Performs scheduled preventative maintenance work on equipment and systems by inspecting, testing, replacing parts, adjusting, cleaning and recording results
- Monitors and operates mechanical systems and equipment such as boilers and pressure vessels, heating, ventilation and air conditioning, electrical distribution and emergency power, refrigeration, fire and safety equipment
- Maintains a high standard of workmanship and following all building codes and standards
- Other maintenance duties as needed
- Is available on call in case of emergencies
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum 1 – 2 years of experience in a Maintenance/Engineering role, preferably within a Hotel environment.
- Good physical condition, as position is physically demanding.
- Flexibility to work a variety of shifts including on-call, daytime, evenings, weekends and public holidays as needed.
- Is able to effectively communicate and plan with management and co-workers
- Able to work well independently or manage a team to execute various renovation or maintenance objectives.
- Is reliable, trustworthy, and takes pride in their work
- Has a positive can-do attitude
- Is detail oriented and organized
What’s on Offer
Canadian Princess Lodge offers accommodation, competitive wages, year round stability, vacation days and benefits. If you meet the requirements and are interested, please submit your resume and salary expectations. We thank all applicants who apply, but only those who are qualified may be contacted.
Staff accommodation is available in a newly renovated staff accommodation house. The house has 6 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, large backyard, ample parking and shared living room/kitchen space. The house is only 1 minute drive and 10 minute walk on Cynamocka St. Extremely affordable private and shared rooms available for full time employees. Additional living arrangement may be available.
* For all positions, please send your resume and cover letter and Skype address to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the high volume of applications we will only be contacting those who will be considered for interviews.