The end of the season is fast approaching, and with tommorow bringing the first day of September, we only have 17 days left to haul in as much fish as we can.
It's been a great summer, with thousands of fish, stories and pictures to show for it — but it's not over yet!
Current issues with Tofino's water supply shortage has caused an influx of people to Ucluelet who would have turned right normally instead of left at the Ucluelet–Tofino junction. A word of warning that to anyone coming to the area, make sure you make reservations beforehand, as there will not be any accomodation if you do not. Our last day open is September 17th.
Here are some wiegh-ins of note from the last few days:
- 36 Pound Halibut by Travis Postm of Lynden, WA
- 22 Pound Chinook by Luke Carpenter of Bainbridge Island, WA
- 26 Pound Halibut by Keith Forbes of Surrey, BC
- 23 Pound Chinook by Adam Peters of Surrey, BC
- 28 Pound Halibut by James Klein of Courtenay, BC
- 21 Pound Chinook by Sean Quinn of Whiterock, BC
- 26 Pound Chinook by Todd Dick of Black Creek, BC
- 30 Pound Chinook by Ken Freer of Oak Harbour, WA
Excellent job one and all, there are plenty more out there for everyone!
Marine Operations Manager, Canadian Princess Resort
Ucluelet, Vancouver Island