I filled in as a captain for the past few days and it was great to get back out on the water and away from the desk.
I can say — after seeing it first-hand — that the halibut fishing is crazy! We were hooking halibut as shallow as 40 feet below the surface (in over 200 feet of water, I might add) and limiting-out on halibut changed from a "what if" to a "when". It was great!
I’d like to put a kudos out for my deckhands over those days, Christian and Meghan, who both excelled at their jobs, keeping the fish under control and guests happy.
Now that I am back in the office, I can get back to my regular activities, so here are the “Catch o’ the Day” winners for the last few days…
- 21 lb. Chinook caught by Rocky Lockhart of Bothell, WA
- 21 lb. Chinook caught by Bruce Gilggers of Clackamas, OR
- 25 lb. halibut by Alden Stoochnoff of Okotoks, AB
- 24 lb. Ling cod by Jon Matthews of Damascus, OR
- 56 lb. halibut by Jim Ackley of Long Beach, WA
- 21 lb. Chinook by Judy Tolmie of Whistler, BC
- 40 lb. halibut by Ben Ilas
Nice job all!
Marine Operations Manager