Fish is crazy up here! Halibut catches at an all time high, along with ling cod-a-plenty. Good times. The salmon are tricky, with many fish hooked, but they're shallow, so they are not staying on long. But they are definitely here, challenging anglers. For those able to have them stay on, the sizes have been beautiful.
Fish of the Dayers:
- 31 lb Chinook by Darren Hurban of Snohomish, WA
- 30 lb Chinook byJohn Pollard of Surrey, BC
- 39 lb Ling cod by Robinson Brucken of Oren, UT
- 36 lb halibut by Chris Pugmire of Snohomish, WA
- 27 lb Chinook by Gordon Scheimiser of Scottsdale, AZ
- 30 lb halibut by Jow Leduc of Kelowna, BC
- 26 lb Chinook by Nick Snow of Everett, WA
- 29 lb halibut by Chris Pugmire of Snohomish, WA
And another fishing quote:
Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley.
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast,
Marine Operations Manager, Canadian Princess Resort
Ucluelet, Vancouver Island