We went from a scorching hot heat wave to a cold snap in a matter of days here on the west coast of Vancouver Island. Salmon numbers are starting to climb, but still a little sporadic. The halibut and Ling cod numbers have been strong, though when it hasn't been to windy to get out to the Big Bank.
Here are the catch of the day weigh-ins:
- 29 lb. halibut by Wally Dong of Coquitlam, BC
- 19 lb. Chinook by Pat Carte of Granbury, TX
- 29 lb. Chinook by Alex Hanna of West Bank, BC
- 29 lb. halibut by Ian MacIntosh of Sherwood Park, AB
- 25 lb. Chinook by Eva Opez of Victoria, BC
- 10 lb. Yelloweye (red snapper) by Peter Cattoni of Kelowna, BC
- 47 lb. halibut by Michael Johnson of Tigard, OR
- 25 lb. Chinook by Bill Beyer of Mt. Angel, OR
- 32 lb. Chinook by Neil Staffor of Everett, WA
Good job, everyone!
Marine Operations Manager
Canadian Princess Resort