The Maintenance Personnel is generally excelling in delivering exceptional hotel experiences through ongoing direct and indirect guest interaction. As Maintenance Personnel you communicate guests’ needs effectively to the front office and housekeeping; working with minimum supervision in a fast-paced environment.
It will be your responsibility to perform upkeep tasks such as repairs and cleaning. You will be responsible for applying basic fixes to equipment and building systems and ensuring facilities are tidy and functional. Keep all equipment in good repair with a minimum of downtime by providing day-to-day maintenance of the hotel and to complete maintenance work orders from all areas on a timely basis by following Canadian Prince standard operating procedures.
Keep all equipment in good repair with a minimum of downtime by providing day-to-day maintenance of the hotel and to complete maintenance work orders from all departments on a timely basis by following hotels standard operating procedures. Multitasking and working under pressure are also essential since you need to support other areas like laundry and housekeeping areas. Nobody is fixed to one task and you must be willing to constantly adapt to the guest needs & demands of the hotel operation.
Part time/full time year round, flexible // student 5-6 month contract or co-op
Duties and Responsibilities
- General knowledge and operation of sewer and electrical systems and troubleshooting techniques.
- Perform daily shift duties and maintain a log book for effective communication with the entire team.
- Perform maintenance activities in the guest room and public areas like plunging toilets, unclogging drains, repairing all types of hardware, electrical equipment including lamps, air conditioners, repairing all types of hardware and all types of equipment.
- Maintain maintenance inventory and requisition parts and supplies as needed.
- To be available for any emergencies and act in an engineering capacity to protect guests and associates, and preserve the building and its systems during the emergency.
- To monitor fire alarm / Life Safety systems as necessary, to be fully informed of the system operation and to handle emergencies involving the systems.
- Ensure proper installation, repair and maintenance of all equipment and plumbing.
- Ensure maintenance and repair of all finished surfaces in the hotel.
- Maintain / fix the key lock system in the hotel guest rooms.
- Maintain all lighting, interior and exterior.
- Maintain the exterior appearance of the property.
- Maintain and control all tools owned by the hotel.
- Assist with the loading and unloading of supplies weighing over 60 pounds.
- Able to read and understand blueprints, schematic drawings, and technical parts breakdown.
- Respond and attend to guest repair requests in a timely manner and ensure all projects are completed on time according to specifications reported.
- Follow all safety and security procedures and regulation while performing daily duties.
- Perform other duties like general housekeeping / laundry and other related duties to support the daily operations.
- May perform regular deep cleaning of all areas of the hotel as instructed.
- Flexible in timing at work to provide exceptional service to our guests.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional, maintain confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assets.
- Train and instruct other members of the staff through sharing of knowledge and skills.
- Work closely with other departments to ensure coordination of activities.
- Performs any other duties as assigned to him/her by management.
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum 1 to 2 years experience in a similar role with
- Has a good understanding of English, both written and oral
- Relevant secondary school education or training preferred but not mandatory
- Project management background is an asset
- Building Maintenance experience – basics of carpentry, electrics, plumbing an asset
- Hotel experience preferred
- Flexible and energetic with the ability to work under pressure and ability to prioritize
- Good analytical, communication skills and a Team player
- Must be physically able to stoop, kneel, push and bend freely
- Flexible Work Schedule during weekend / holidays based on operational requirements.
- Must be able to lift 60 lbs
- Has a positive can-do attitude
What’s on Offer
- Competitive hourly wage
- End of season cash bonus
- Extremely affordable staff housing available, walking distance from the lodge
- Growth Opportunity, year round and management positions available
Limited comfortable staff accommodation is available within walking distance to the property.
For all positions, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Due to the high volume of applications we will only be contacting those who will be considered for interviews.